First some clarifications:
- We are NOT talking about Collaboration.ai having 1 million new 'friends/connections' (although that would be nice :)
- We did NOT create these connections through an app where 1 million people swiped left or right, chatting in 160 word thoughts or sending each other emojis
- We are NOT an infographic or mapping company that created and circulated a graphic visualizations of 1 million people connected
We DID however -
- Create 1 million new, direct, face-to-face, business relationships
- ...Between human beings
- ...Across 6 continents
Here is an example from our recent TED conference: (our conference product)
- The average TEDx event (based on tests in partnership) yield 3-10 connections per participant, per day. When organizers use our platform, people connect with AND are much more likely to, stay connected with 17-26 people.
Here is an example from Vanderbilt University (our corporate product)
- On any given day, team members typically focus on attending meetings and delivering upon their expected tasks. Take a guess as to how many new relationships the average person makes on any given day? (0.15 by most estimates) Our platform, on average, helps introduce one strategically placed person, per week, into everyday meetings and reshuffle teams by an average of 3 people per week. Over time this adds up to each employee meeting over 175 new people per year, intentionally, from the company.
Example from the University of Minnesota (our education product)
We are astounded by how students within the same major, taking the same classes, walking the same campus pathways and enjoying the same school eateries, frequently don't know their fellow students. So, we are working on tripling (3x) the number of other students that each student meets per semester.
One final thought. Yes, we could all use to be a little more friendly, increasing our volume of connections on our own. BUT, if you leave it to chance, out of every 100 people you meet that are related to your work, only 4% can actually help you. So, make sure you increase your numbers of connections significantly, or simply be smarter about it with our help!
Have ideas on how we can help more people connect in 2018. Please contact us!