20 minutes to 90 minutes depending on number of participants and questions.
Quickly obtain input from each individual on critical questions. Brainstorm. Distill and prioritize ideas.
The (sponsor) come up with 6 to 12 questions that they want each player to answer. They should be challenging and drive iteration towards the objectives and outputs, as well as some of the intangible, cultural, political barriers that could prevent success. Each participant provides an individual response to those questions and reports out at the end of the allotted time.
- Every person needs to be able to see the questions or print out a copy for each person/send it to them
- Every player should have a minimum of 3 colors and an 11x17 piece of paper to answer on. Flip chart or white board much preferred!!
Example/Questions to consider:
- Describe the successful project/brand/vision you built/are building
- What were the three key things you implemented to get to where you are today?
- What was the most significant obstacle you overcame?
- See Cool Possibilities/Options for improving your questions/scenario around the assignment
See Report Out Types (need new terminology)
Keep One Share Many
Small Share, Big Synthesis
Ask the questions as if they are 1 to 5 years in the future and they are looking back having already been successful (will aid in breaking down paradigms and assumptions)
Have players draw/visualize their answers, not just write paragraphs of text
Ask one question that pushes the boundaries of the organization
Individual perspectives, listening isn’t waiting to speak, ideas, brainstorming, reflection, silence, iteration, imagination, exercise
Design your updraft, exercise